Saturday, December 26, 2009

Garter Rib Socks


Design: Garter Rib Socks
Designer: Charlene Schurch (from Sensational Knitted Socks) 
Yarn: Wendy Happy
Fibre: 75% bamboo, 25% nylon
Colour: Gemini 2502
Needles: 2.5mm KnitPro DPNS

I've just realised I posted these as a WIP but never showed you the finished result! These have made a very comfortable pair of socks, and they are wearing well. The bamboo is lovely and soft. They do slouch a little more than my wool socks, but it's liveable with.

The yarn was quite splitty when I cast it on - I think it's my technique but the result was great. I've got some more of this yarn in my stash earmarked for socks, I can't wait because they are especially fab for summer wear. And of course bamboo is a renewable resource...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the socks, have not tried bamboo yet, and I have that sock book and have made several pairs from it, happy with each of them I tried.
If you haven't tried any designs of your own, you should try a lace pattern.
I have a knitting perpetual calendar, and have used a couple of their lace patterns to make socks with,that turned out great.
My favorite yarn to make socks with is baby alpaca yarn, so soft, so warm! BarbM