Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas ABC Part 9 - Q*R* - Free Cross Stitch Chart!

 

I love quilts. I remember having my first duvet after years of blankets - it was bliss! I also like - in theory - making quilts, but I haven't yet managed to complete my first one! I'm piecing it by hand, because I find using a sewing machine stressful, and it's taking ages!

My favourite quilt is one my mum made. It's made in a traditional hexagon pattern, hand pieced, and the fabrics are offcuts from fabrics my mum made clothes for us from and pieces from other members of the family. It is full of sentimental memories - I bet I could look at that quilt now and tell you every outfit I was made from those fabrics! This quilt will pretty much be indestructable - it was pieced in the late Seventies, so all the fabrics are manmade!




I had a meeting at the University on Monday - I do a little part time work for the Student Union there - and outside the meeting room there was more noise than usual. So, I looked out the window and there were a pair of reindeer, come to publicise the Union bar in this last week of the semester. They were still there when we adjourned for a drink, so of course we had to pop out and say hello to them. They were smaller than I expected. My friend Chloe thought they were rather smelly, but I thought they had the usual ruminant smell, a bit like cow!

If you would like copies of the charts, please comment below with your email address and I'll get them sent out to you. If you do stitch either of these designs, I'd love to see a picture - and there will be a prize for each one I show on my blog!

Edited to add: If you feel so inclined, a donation to the MS Trust for this chart would be appreciated. Pennies will do - and you can make payment via the link in my sidebar or by clicking here.


Edited to add: As of Twelfth Night (6 January 2010) this chart is no longer available as a freebie. It may return at some point as a chart for sale to raise money for the MS Trust
 

This pattern is offered for personal, non-commercial use only. Items made from this pattern may be sold on a small scale basis such as on Etsy or at craft sales. Sales for charity are positively encouraged! This pattern and the text and photos contained within, may not be copied or reproduced for any purpose other than personal use. Please direct people to this blog rather than forwarding the pattern, thank you! Copyright 2009 N M Wray

9 comments:

DonnaTN said...

Are we already up to day 8?! Please send these; I'm so thrilled that you are doing these sweet graphs!
ladybug8@bellsouth.net

Unknown said...

Another day, grin, here I am asking!
Quilting is not for anyone, grin. I have quilted about 54 years now,and never could talk my mom into trying, even though she was a sewing, TILL, I made my red/black bargello bag, she watched the whole process, then she had to quilt. She actually managed one with my help, started another that was never finished, and conned me into making a third for her, she was 86 when she made her quilt.Memories are wonderful! BarbM
barbmoffitt@att.net

Irene said...

I would love to learn how to quilt, maybe one day. I would love to have these patterns, also I didn't receive part 7 M and N.

xshappy@telus.net

Myra said...

Me Please. :o) Thanks again for these cuties!

pj said...

I love quilts too. Great alphabet. I am ready for the next two letters...but not stitching as it is baking time. pjstitcher@mchsi.com thanks again pam

Margaret said...

Hi Nic me again. fancy having met a reindeeer in real life!
Can I have these two charts as well.stedman.margaret@gmail.com

Trinabelle said...

Hi Nic!

I'll have to stitch "R is for Reindeer" for my younger daughter, who adores them!

Thanks so much for the charts!

~Katrina
KatMomXstitches@hot.rr.com

CindyMae said...

I love quilts too! I have very special memories of my great grandmother and my mom when I was younger because of their quilts. Please send me these patterns as well. cindymaedesigns@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Please send me a copy. Thank you!