Thursday, December 24, 2009

Plain Striped Socks (Kaffe Fassett)


Design: 60 stitch socks, slip stitch heel
Designer: elements from the Regia leaflet and Charlene Schurch
Yarn: Regia Kaffe Fassett Design Line
Fibre: 75% wool, 25% nylon
Colour: 4259 Fire Landscape
Needles: 2.5mm KnitPro DPN

There's not really a lot I can say about plain stocking stitch socks, because they're just that - plain. They'd be quite boring to knit too, if they weren't in such great self striping yarn. Yes, it's Kaffe Fassett again - I just love the colour use, and the intensity of the shades. And with the weather we've been having, one can never have too many pairs of hand knit wooly socks!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm, I do believe I like those socks, grin. I do like knitting with that yarn and it is comfy on the feet, enjoy them. BarbM

Chris said...

I love those socks I am on a bit of a sock knit myself at the moment and am waiting for some wool to knit some just for me! How do you finish off your toe bit?
I need a new way to do mine!

A very happy Christmas Nic and the very bests for 2010, Health and Happiness
Chris x

Irene said...

Wish I had paid closer attention to my knitting lessons, they look awesome !

Anna van Schurman said...

Love Kaffe Fassett!