Friday, December 25, 2009

Ma's Christmas Socks


Design: 60 stitch socks, slip stitch heel
Designer: elements from the Regia leaflet and Charlene Schurch
Yarn: Schoeller Fortissima Socka Mexiko
Fibre: 75% wool, 25% nylon
Colour: lost theball band, but I know it's been discontinued
Needles: 2.5mm DPN

My usual 'go to' sock pattern, but one which shows of the yarn beautifully. I'm not normally a fan of blues, but I will make an exception for these! So it's a shame really that they are a Christmas present for my mum! By the time this is posted on my blog, they will hopefully be on her feet, keeping her warm and snug!


She specifically requested some hand knit socks for Christmas. My parents are going to Norway on holiday in June, and are crossing the Arctic Circle and going right up to North Cape - so Ma wants to make sure her feet are warm.


Ma likes blue, and the colours of this yarn spoke to me of deep fjords, pine forests and clear skies... I hope she likes them as much as I do, otherwise I'll have them back! :o)

1 comment:

riona said...

Realy love the socks ... but then I have been impressed by all of your knitting!! Merry Christmas!