Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas ABC Part 13 - Y*Z* - Free Cross Stitch Chart!

 

This is the last part of the series - and I'm really sad that it's finishing. It's been a lot of hard work, both the designing and the blogging my memories, but I've actually really enjoyed it. I will be producing another series of ornaments, but I will be doing one per month over 2010 to produce a collection of 'Bride's Tree' ornaments - I hope you will join me for that!

I have to say, I've never seen a real Yule log being burnt. My Yule logs tend to look like chocolate Swiss rolls with a little holly or robin on top, and delicious they are too! I love how this season combines pre-Christian and Christian rituals so that none are forgotten ... it shows the importance of hope and light in the dark season of the year.




And of course, after all this running about and making merry, it's important to rest and revitalise! Santa here is having a snooze, and as I write this, The Hermit is snoring gently in the next room having finished work until the New Year! The Hermit has a severe sleep disorder, so hearing him snore is actually a good thing, not the annoyance it could be under other circumstances!




And finally, I would like to wish you all Joy, Love and Peace for Christmas 2009 and beyond.

Merry Christmas!


If you would like copies of the charts, please comment below with your email address and I'll get them sent out to you. If you do stitch either of these designs, I'd love to see a picture - and there will be a prize for each one I show on my blog!


Edited to add: If you feel so inclined, a donation to the MS Trust for this chart would be appreciated. Pennies will do - and you can make payment via the link in my sidebar or by clicking here.

Edited to add: As of Twelfth Night (6 January 2010) this chart is no longer available as a freebie. It may return at some point as a chart for sale to raise money for the MS Trust
 

This pattern is offered for personal, non-commercial use only. Items made from this pattern may be sold on a small scale basis such as on Etsy or at craft sales. Sales for charity are positively encouraged! This pattern and the text and photos contained within, may not be copied or reproduced for any purpose other than personal use. Please direct people to this blog rather than forwarding the pattern, thank you! Copyright 2009 N M Wray

11 comments:

DonnaTN said...

I love your version of the Yule log! I'm so glad that you are doing more designs on a monthly basis! Please send along this last one!
ladybug8@bellsouth.net

Terry said...

Love all the designs you've been doing. I'm looking forward to the monthly designs in 2010.

Merry Christmas!

Terry

pj said...

This has been so fun and I wish you a Merry Christmas also! Thanks again for your creative way to share you holiday spirit with us. pjstitcher@mchsi.com pam

Unknown said...

Back in time for the last parts, thanks, BarbM

Myra said...

Love the yule log and sleeping santa! Thank you so much for these lovely charts.
myrast@embarqmail.com

Irene said...

Was wondering what you would do for "Z", it's so cute ! Please send these to me.

xshappy@telus.net

Trinabelle said...

Hi Nic!

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a glorious New Year!

Thank you again for sharing these charts with us!

~Katrina
KatMomXstitches@hot.rr.com

Margaret said...

And a very Merry Christmas to you Nic. Thanks so much for these lovely designs.
I'd love to get this one too
stedman.margaret@gmail.com

CindyMae said...

Would love to finish off the collection with these!

Unknown said...

I truly appreciate your hard work and talent designing these great charts, and your generosity in sharing them.
mamadi@pacbell.net

Cheryl said...

Wow, I love your site and your designs. I just found yur blog today. Don't want to be greedy, so I will only ask for the christmas 2009 chart. Thanks so much, got you bookmarked now as a fav.
cheryl
ffw1@att.net