Monday, December 28, 2009

Clapotis



Design: Clapotis
Designer: Kate Gilbert - in Knitty, free pattern can be found here
Yarn: Noro Cash Iroha
Fibre: 40% Silk, 30% Lambswool, 20% Cashmere, 10% Nylon
Colour: Garnet (22)
Needles: 5mm

This rather luxurious yarn would have normally been outside my budget, but The Wool Baa had it on sale. And the feel of it ... so lovely, and the colour was 'me' and I'd wanted to knit a Clapotis for ages and so I indulged - it wasn't terribly cheap, even on sale.

Jill, the lovely owner of The Wool Baa gave me some hints on working the Clapotis so that I didn't have to faff with stitch markers and twisted stitches - I basically just purled each stitch to drop - and this worked up pretty quickly.

And then disappointment set in. It was very comfortable and the colour sings - but I felt it was a bit too plain for me. I think I had 'Post Project Slump Syndrome'. But I persevered and wore it all through the autumn. And the comments wouldn't stop coming, from a friend you'd spotted me across the Peace Gardens because I was wearing this to the young guy 'chugging' in the city centre who just thought it was amazing.

And now I love it. And I want another one, perhaps in purple or plum. And probably in a yarn which has some colour variation.

And if you're lucky, I might post a picture of me wearing that one, and not my kitchen door modelling it!

1 comment:

valerie said...

Nic, it's beautiful! I love the color!