Monday, December 28, 2009

Sow Dry, Set Wet - Prairie Schooler



Design: Sow Dry, Set Wet 
Designer: Prairie Schooler (freebie)
Threads: DMc as charted
Fabric: 25 count natural linen
Finish: Thread fob, beaded edges and loop

I stitched this for my partner Patti on the Year Round Prairie Schooler Exchange. I wasn't sure if she celebrated Christmas, so I played it safe and stitched one of my favourite freebies for her.

I used some large count linen from my stash and stitched the design over one.



To make it a little more interesting, I personalised the back on another piece of this linen and then whipstitched and beaded the edges. I didn't want to puncture the fabric and use an eyelet for the thread ring, so I made a beaded loop inside - I think I may use that again in future, it was easier and looked neater, too.

No comments: