Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Finish or Fling? - Advice



This is a sampler design by Jo Verso, from Cross Stitch Cards and Keepsakes. This is another project from the early 1990s, and possibly one of my earliest projects on evenweave.

Pros:
  • Love the motto
  • Not a lot of work needed

Cons:
  • Half and three quarter stitches, which are then back stitched. Yuk.
  • Can't remember if I stitched it in Anchor or DMC
  • Fabric seems to have been stained by fruit juice or similar
  • Damaged fabric where it was frogged - one or two threads severed vertically and horizontally




I'm not at all sure whether I like this enough to want to rescue it.

Finish or fling?



Verdict: Fling!

3 comments:

BronnyB said...

Fling.
I agree - even though not much work done, is it of a style that you could live with now? The stains could be overcome by tea/coffee staining when finished to give the whole project a vintage look, but it looks a bit 'old and tired' in any case.
Learn from the experience and fling.

Deirdre said...

I agree ~ FLING!

Margaret said...

I too stitched this and never did anything with it for years -eventually binning the completed piece. Can't really remember why now :-0