Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January Scissor Fob - Linden Bee Designs

 

 

Design: January Scissor Fob - freebie design available here
Designer: Linden Bee Designs (i.e. me!)
Threads: DMC in three shades of blue

Fabric: 14 count aida


"January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow..."

This design comes from the first of my series of biscornu with matching fobs for 2010 - now there's an ambitious statement - and despite it not being in my favourite colours, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, especially as it was originally charted for dark blue fabric - as I've previous discussed!

I was thinking of finishing it with a beaded edge, but I didn't have anything suitable in my stash (the horror!) and so it has a basic whipstitched finish. I did find a snowflake charm in my stash though, and used that in place of a tassel.

I love the charms - they come in a set of six, three different designs, and are heavyweight. And cheap! £0.99 from the remaindered bookshop or the 99p store. There's lots of different styles of design too, so I've stocked up, because you never know with 99p stores when things are going to go out of stock...- that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

If you would like a copy of the chart, leave a comment on the link page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very cute Nic, I like the charm on the bottom!

Carole Z. said...

Ilove your JANUARY SCISSOR FOB and would be delighted to have a copy of the graph. Your choice of colors are lovely.

Carole Z.
ctzanath@sbcglobal.net