Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finish or Fling? - Hearts of Joy No 2



This little sampler by Charland has seen more frogging than stitching. First of all, the ribbon embroidery wasn't making me happy - it just wasn't neat enough. I suppose I was expecting too much for a first attempt ... and then I ran out of the gold metallic, and coldn't get more, so that got frogged and is being reworked in new gold ... and don't get me started on the Queen Stitches ...

So, let's sit in judgement:

Pros:
  • It's a Christmas design but doesn't look overly Christmassy.
  • Love the fabric
  • Will learn a new technique


Cons:
  • Frustrating to work some of the stitches
  • Won't fit in with my general Christmas style

So - Finish or Fling?


Verdict: Finish. Even if it kills me. It will be character forming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get the charts I sent last week Nic?

Jen BK said...

Oh no, "character forming"....isn't that code for frustrating?

Unknown said...

You are so funny, I was sure you would fling it, grin, and that was from the first word you said!
Have to admit that I 'flung' my first ever project a little over a week ago, I guess that comes from being raised to 'clean your plate' by my parents, oh if they only knew how many unliked items ended in my napkin, but my plate was clean, then the unliked item was flushed, grin. BarbM