Saturday, January 02, 2010

Narvik Beret


Design: Slouchy Beret, based on Esme - free pattern available here 
Designer: Amy Pickard, modified by me
Yarn: Wendy Narvik(discontinued)

Fibre: 85% acrylic, 5.5% mohair, 5.5% wool, 4% polyester.
Colour: Polar (644)

Needles: 5mm and 6mm

I bought a couple of balls of this yarn in Atkinson's sale for the princely sum of £0.69 per ball. I don't know why - it's kind of a blue base with yellow and orange running through it. I think I meant it for a pair of mitts for The Hermit, but he kind of recoiled ...

I was going on a trip to Manchester and needed something on the needles, so I thought I'd try this beret again, but make a narrower brim - and if it didn't work, then I wasn't really losing anything yarn wise, even if it ended up in the bin...

But it worked. And worked well. And I had about 20 feet of yarn left from the 100g I'd purchased by the time I'd finished! This fabric has a nice drape to it and although blue isn't my colour, the yellow goes with my favourite winter jacket...

2 comments:

Cole said...

Your knitting finishes are inspiring, well done!

Irene said...

WOW all your knitting is so great ! I didn't leave individual posts as I'm catching up after not having a PC for over a week. You're making great progress with the PS Alphabets.