Monday, January 18, 2010

Finish or Fling? - Heavenly Cherubs



This was a kit I bought and started at least elevent years ago, because I found it in a remaindered bookshop i the small Sussex town I was living in at the time.

Early on, I made a counting mistake, and hence I put it away. Sporadically, I take it out and think about stitching it, as I like the black humour of it - these famous cherubs are from a bigger Michelangelo design and are actually leaning on a coffin. And I live opposite a firm of undertakers (funeral director).


 
 
I love the slightly cheesed off expressions too...

Pros:
  • Like the design - even if it is cherubs.

Cons
  • Lots of work
  • Will need to frog or fudge
  • On aida
So - Finish or Fling?



Verdict: Fling, but again, I will keep the chart and restart at some point on evenweave. I might even do it over one...

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

You will probably enjoy stitching it more on an evenweave.
Good luck!
Marilyn

Alberta said...

I would start fresh at a later date.

Kathy A. said...

Oh I am glad you decided not to fling that one! It is gorgeous and will be much better on evenweave.
I have gotten quite the chuckle out of your finish or fling posts!!! It is always a guessing game what your decision will be.

Unknown said...

well I am on a fence on this one, I know if I decided to do it, it would be on evenweave linen, this is not a design for aida cloth, sigh, I guess I would fling the started one the more I think about it, grin, and start fresh. I am not much of a flinger, grin, but I did fling one that was almost done the other day, just couldn't live with it. BArbM

Unknown said...

well I am on a fence on this one, I know if I decided to do it, it would be on evenweave linen, this is not a design for aida cloth, sigh, I guess I would fling the started one the more I think about it, grin, and start fresh. I am not much of a flinger, grin, but I did fling one that was almost done the other day, just couldn't live with it. BArbM