Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Prairie Schooler SAL Update

I'm still working on this - not much, to be honest, because I'm working on my own freebie January Biscornu and Fob - and I had to take a break to do a bit of re-design ...



So far, I've been lucky - my borders have matched up first time on each block - hope this continues!



Slow progress... the colours on these pictures aren't great because of the artificial light - the low energy fluorescents give a very yellow cast...



This next picture shows the first change I've made - the eagle is now a Golden Eagle, and not a Bald Eagle. Apart from the fact that in the UK, we don't have Bald Eagles, I'm afraid I can't take them seriously - too much Muppet Show when I was young! Basically, I've swapped the colour of the eagle and the arrow - so this block with have less 3371 than most of the other blocks, but I don't think it will throw the balance off too much.

The other amendments I'm going to make are to put a Scottish flag in the box, and a Lion Rampant in the shield - these are all charted out, just need to be worked now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're making great progress! I'm really enjoying seeing this one grow.

riona said...

I like the way you are making the design your own by switching out the distinctly American motifs for ones more suitable to the UK ... can't wait to see the finished product.

Blu said...

Very pretty!
Although I'm missing something...why is there an eagle in a "D" block?

Kathy A. said...

Nice progress on your Prairie Sampler. Love the gold eagle and look forward to seeing your other changes as you add them.

Heidi said...

I have had these charts in my stash for years. I so want to start them and turn them into a quilt. One day....for now I have too many UFOs needing some love and attention this year.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Patricia Lessell said...

I really love this. I love the colors and everything! I think I might just have to get this and do it - next year. This year is full already and it has hardly started. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog because otherwise I wouldn't have found your blog.
Love
Patti xxx