Sunday, January 03, 2010

New Year Biscornu


 
 

Design: New Year Biscornu - free chart available here 
Designer: Linden Bee Designs - i.e. me!
Threads: DMC
Fabric: 14 count aida, white
Finish: Biscornu
Trims: 2 green star shape buttons

This biscornu (and the fob) are based on my Thistle Stitching Accessories set, but with a twist to make them New Year designs. I found out that I'd not got the thistles just how I wanted them, so made an amendment and then had to email new charts out to those people who had kindly requested them. I'm sometimes a bit of a perfectionist... ;o)

The aida oddments I used made the counting for the border nice and easy, and aida helps the structure of the biscornu too, I feel, even if it is not quite as attractive a fabric as linen. It's good to use stash though, and I do like the finished effect.

2 comments:

Irene said...

The biscornu looks great ! Thanks for the pattern.

Carol said...

Really pretty bicornu--I love the colors!