Saturday, January 09, 2010

Happy Dance! - A is for Anchor



Design: A is for Anchor (from A*B*C) 
Designer: Prairie Schooler 
Threads: DMC as charted  
Fabric: 28 count evenweave, cream 
Stitches: Half cross stitch

I started this on the 28th of December, and finished it on the 5th of  January, as I wanted to stitch my New Year's Day pieces too. Again, this was mostly worked whilst listening to the coverage of the cricket in South Africa - cross stitch and cricket go very well together!

This is how it grew:







 

And this is how the first row completed looks:



Apologies for the dark pictures - we have grey skies because of all the snow we're getting.

I didn't make any changes to this. Although I may go back and work two of the letters in the compass rose in a different colour, as N and W are my initials :o)

D is for Drum is taking slightly longer to work, as I'm doing a bit of a re-design - the flag and shield motif are being changed to designs more appropriate for someone who is not American, and the eagle is changing species too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is looking great! Congratulations on your progress.

Gabi said...

This looks fantastic. I get more and more tempted to start these too.

Irene said...

I love the way this is looking. I'm interested in seeing what you do for Drum.