Design: A is for Anchor (from A*B*C)
Designer: Prairie Schooler
Threads: DMC as charted
Fabric: 28 count evenweave, cream
Stitches: Half cross stitch
I started this on the 28th of December, and finished it on the 5th of January, as I wanted to stitch my New Year's Day pieces too. Again, this was mostly worked whilst listening to the coverage of the cricket in South Africa - cross stitch and cricket go very well together!
This is how it grew:
And this is how the first row completed looks:
Apologies for the dark pictures - we have grey skies because of all the snow we're getting.
I didn't make any changes to this. Although I may go back and work two of the letters in the compass rose in a different colour, as N and W are my initials :o)
D is for Drum is taking slightly longer to work, as I'm doing a bit of a re-design - the flag and shield motif are being changed to designs more appropriate for someone who is not American, and the eagle is changing species too!