Friday, January 08, 2010

Finish or Fling? - Chatsworth



This UFO isn't even one of mine - I think my mum was given it by a friend, and somehow I've ended up with it. In my defence, it is only a recent acquisition. So, do I adopt it and finish it? Or should I pass it on again?

Pros:
  • The local connection - Chatsworth is only about 10 miles away and as a family we often used to go and picnic or walk in the grounds
  • Would go with my Derbyshire map project

Cons:
  • No personal connection to the project
  • Stitched on aida
  • Lot of work to do
  • No picture of the finished design (and I can't find one online)


This is a picture of Chatsworth House. It is thought that Chatsworth was the basis for Pemberley in Pride and Prejudice, and indeed, was featured in the Keira Knightley film version.


So - do I Finish or Fling?


I think, on balance, I will fling this, but keep the chart in case I feel a burning need to do it at some point in the future.

4 comments:

riona said...

The albeit tenuous connection to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice would be enough to convince me to keep the chart but I would re-start the project on linen as would befit an Austen heroine ... every January I embark on a ritual re-reading of Austen's complete works

Jen BK said...

FLING IT!

Unknown said...

I have to admit that a work like that deserves a nice linen, about a 32 count, then I would do it. I have a photo I downloaded from somewhere of Chatsworth from afar, lovely scenery, sheep grazing, beautiful! Can you even tell from the chart what the whole scene is?
BarbM

Margaret said...

I would definitely fling!