Saturday, January 09, 2010

Finish or Fling? - Christmas Ornaments (Felt)



This is a set of eight ornaments from a Bucilla Kit. I've completed two, and they've been displayed each Christmas for years now. Because I bought this kit in (blimey) 1997 when I worked in a small South Coast town called Havant for a while. It wasn't totally a happy time and I ended up back 'up North' with my parents. So it wasn't all bad in the end...

Anyway, I don't think I'm harbouring unhappy associations with this - I had to look on Google maps to remember the name of the town! - so:

 Pros:
  • Different technique to my normal stuff
  • Very cute
  • Can work on one ornament at a time
  • Have others completed

Cons:
  • Very fiddly to do, lots of beads and sequins
  • The Hermit hates Christmas stuff
So, finish or fling?



Verdict: finish.

1 comment:

Marci said...

I am really enjoying your 'finish or fling' series of posts -- and pretty much agree with your decisions. Can't wait to see what else you dig out of your stash!