Friday, January 15, 2010

Finish or Fling? - Turquoise Pillow



For some reason the colours on this haven't come out accurately - the dark turquoise is more of a green, in my opinion. Again, another scrap bag quilted block made with a mixture of cotton and polycotton fabrics. I was making it for my gran, for her small bedroom, and she then completely redecorated it and changed the colour scheme - for the first time in umpteen years, I may add - so I abandoned this.

Pros:
Very little needed to do to finish the block

Cons:
Would need to make it up into something
Not great stitching on it
Have no decor with which it would fit, apart from - possibly - the bathroom

So: Finish or fling?


Verdict: I think I will fling this. Does anyone want to rescue it? - happy to mail it and the plain green fabric to anyone who asks!

1 comment:

wendy said...

i would finish..make it up into something..and keep tucked away in an air tight bag..maybe a gift for someone later on down the road..or you could try to sell it..ebay or etsy?
I like the colors and you've done so much already