Saturday, January 23, 2010

News, Update and Replies to Comments



Exciting news first! I've just found out I'm going to be the 21st stitcher in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pattern! Carol has emailed me to say the pattern's coming to visit, so I'll be sure to update and keep you eyes out for when I offer it on my blog! This is a lesson in perseverance - I've been following the pattern for ages... and it's lead to me discovering a number of blogs I wouldn't have otherwise found, so it's all good! I think I might change the pink dress though ... oh, and if you haven't discovered Carol's charts yet, go check them out ... I'll wait ;o)

Lovely, aren't they? I'm only holding off buying them until I get some more of my UFOs finished, but at least that number is smaller thanks to my ruthless "Finish or Fling" decisions. Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions, they are appreciated, and those people who've offered to take pieces from me, they will be in the post over the next week or so. A lot of people have said how much they are enjoying this ...and don't worry, there's more to come!

I'd like to say "thank you" to everyone who has  made a donation to the MS Trust via my Justgiving page. I've had a lovely email from the Trust thanking *me* - but it isn't really me, it's you guys! I set a target of £100 for the year, and I'm nearly a third of the way there already - which is amazing considering it's only January, and that there have been other demands on our money, such as the disaster in Haiti. It's thanks to donations like yours that new treatments are being developed - just this week, the news was that oral meds are on their way, so that the prospect of daily injections (which have some yukky side effects) could be a thing of the past.

I've been busy with a lot of Uni work, so haven't really been stitching, but I am nearly done with my version of the January Biscornu and Fob. Despite designing it for a dark blue fabric, mine is stitched on white, as my navy aida seems to have disappeared - I have a sneaking suspicion it went to my friend H. (Miss Shine) when she came and took some stash off my hands! (hmm... wonder if that's it in that last post of her's...) Anyway, my plans for today include finishing and making these up, so hopefully there will be pictures tomorrow!



Knitting wise, I've been making a head start on the Innocent Smoothie hats, as the Colonnade shawl is needing to be frogged back three rows - ggrrr! And I'm in a bit of a dither, because I'm not sure why I chose this colour - grey and black near my face don't do anything for me, especially in winter - so I don't know whether just to frog the lot and to use the yarn for something for The Hermit - well, it would match his beard :o) And the two pairs of socks on the needles are going nowhere either ... :o(

Thanks must go too to everyone who is leaving comments - they are all appreciated!

Heidi - get out those PS charts and join us on the PS ABC Stitching Bee - you know you want to!

Riona - yes, blackwork is usually worked on white or cream linen, but my big samplers were on cream, and my little obsessive self didn't like the white based one hanging near it, so I tea dyed it ... hence the fate of this one! If I remember, I'll post a picture of the wall where they are hanging ...

Blu - I think there's an eagle in the D block of the PS ABC because it fits with the patriotic theme. I'd be a bit scared if there was an Eagle with the Embroiderer in the E block ... they're big! :o)

And if anyone is waiting for a chart - I will be mailing them out later this weekend. I had another Uni deadline on Friday, and was a bit tied up - fortuntely, my "Finish or Fling" posts were all pre-written and scheduled in - love that feature! If you don't have your chart by Sunday, please check that you've left an email address either in the comment or that it's accessible from your profile!

Right, I think that's all the news that's fit to print - you really don't want a blow-by-blow account of the cold I've got - so I hope you have a happy weekend, everyone, and happy stitching!


7 comments:

Hazel said...

well done you for getting the sisterhood. xx

Myra said...

Congratulations on your membership in the sisterhood. I am hoping I will be next. :o)

mainely stitching said...

Hey, Sister! :D Have fun with the sisterhood pattern!

Kathy A. said...

Good day Sister and welcome. Enjoy!!!! I did her dress in blue. As they say, it is all optional!

Alberta said...

I'm so happy you are getting a visit from the Sisterhood!

Lelia said...

Congrats on being chosen for the traveling pattern! Will enjoy your stitching updates : )

Meari said...

Congrats on being the next stitcher for the traveling pattern!