Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Finish or Fling? - Petits Anges


This was another eBay find - I think I must have been ahead of the curve as it is a French design, and it's certainly the French designers carrying the torch for cross stitch at the moment, IMHO. Before you all comment and protest, I'm generalising, I appreciate there are designers of other nationalities out there, but as a body ... it's the French.

Anyway, this became a UFO because it was a travel project, and somewhere on my travels to a series of trade shows, the chart went missing. It could be in Birmingham, London or Frankfurt - or at some point in between.

Pros:
  • Still love the design, even the cherubs
  • Stitched on linen
  • Company is still producing the design

Cons:
  • No chart
  • Will need to try and contact the company if I want the chart - and I don't write French
  • No stockists in the UK

So - Finish or Fling?


Verdict: I do really want to finish this, but it will take some effort on my my part to track down the chart. But yes, Finish.

This is what it will look like when complete:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tracking down the chart. Perhaps the designers will speak enough English for you to communicate? If not, perhaps one of the French stitchers will help out?

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm so glad this ended up a finish. It's so pretty! Good luck.