Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Finish or Fling? - Winter Sampler


This is the start of a band sampler from a book by Jo Verso. It's one of a set of four, and I think at one point I had designs on stitching the set.

However, this got laid aside because I think I made a counting error in at least one of the specialty stitch bands - and frogging those can be nearly impossible!

Pros:
  • Worked on evenweave
  • Like the design

Cons:
  • Barely started
  • Counting errors
  • Difficult to frog

So - Finish or Fling?


Verdict: Fling. I haven't left much of a margin for framing. I'm going to cut this up and perhaps make a little ornament out of what I've done so far and reuse the rest of the fabric for something else. 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm with you on this one it's a fling, only because there isn't mcuh stitched yet. But at least you can salvage some of the fabric.
Nancy

Irene said...

Great idea on the ornament. It does look nice.

Shay said...

I would fling also because of the counting error...anyway to save the fabric.