Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy Dance! Holly Berry Sampler

 

 Design: Holly Berry Sampler
Designer: Bent Creek
Threads: DMC conversion
Fabric: 28 count evenweave, Silkweaver Solo, unknown colour
Embellishments: Dress-It-Up buttons (Keepsake Christmas)

This is the third and final piece in a series that - once upon a time - was going to be a Round Robin. The group collapsed, but I was fortunate enough to get this piece back, and I've worked on it sporadically ever since. 

This was just waiting for buttons, but it took a while for me to find the "right" red - the charted Poindexter buttons were £0.75 EACH and that just wasn't going to happen ...

You can see all three samplers below - my dilemma is - do I frame them separately, or all as one piece, and have a Christmas tree on display all year round? What do you think, stitching friends?


8 comments:

Jane said...

What a good couple of weeks you are having. If you are short of wall space, I'd frame them separately and swap them over through the year. They make for a lovely trio

Anonymous said...

I like Miss 376's idea - I've stitched the pumpkin one, finished as a wallhanging and I hang it out in the autumn and put it away again once the Christmas decs come out. As an alternative to framing, these would look nice as pillows, wallhangings (see above!) or long pinkeeps, especially if you're going to finish them as separate pieces.

Anonymous said...

Meant to say - they all look great!

Brigitte said...

You seem to be on the roll, lol. So many lovely finishes lately.
I think I'd finish the trio as three hanging pillows if they are not too big. Just because I love little pillows and particularly hanging pillows.

Nicola said...

Well done on your finish, it's lovely. I think I'd frame them separately and display each one at the appropriate time of year.

Marilyn said...

They all lok great Nic.
How about getting 1 frame that fits all and change them with the seasons?
Marilyn

mainely stitching said...

Wow, Nic, great job with another fantastic finish!

I do have a couple of small things that are Christmassy that I leave out year round (and birthday streamers seem to hang from one birthday to the next in this family, LOL) but I think I'd use these as a sort of rotating display as mentioned in a couple of earlier comments.

Anna van Schurman said...

All three are cute, but I'd frame them separately and rotate them according to the season. Nice job!