Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Feel Lucky...

Over the past couple of weeks, I've actually been pretty blessed by the lovely people in the blogging community. In chronological order, I've won some stitching goodies, got a blog award and won a gift voucher to spend on stitching stash!

First of all, I entered a draw on Joanie's inspirational blog, Nini Makes. If you ar einterested in all sorts of crafts, I thoroughly recommend you check it out!

I was lucky enough to win the makings of a Cath Kidston tea cosy, a vintage linen tea towel, a handmade scented heart, handmade card and even a tea bag so I can have a cup of tea whilst I'm pondering what to do with my goodies!

The most amazing thing about this is that the fabrics are those used on one of the most essential things I carry - my diary! This year, I opted for a Cath Kidston one instead of my usual Moleskine, and the cover is printed in the floral and dots designs... (it's a great diary, even has little tear out notes, an address section, and a zippered pocket). Thank you Joanie!


Blu over at Therapy by Thread gave me this award - thank you Blu! Apparently, there are some rules attached to this:

1. Accept the award
2. Thank the person who gave you the award
3. Add a link to the person who gave you the award
4. Put the award on your blog
5. Write 10 things about yourself others might not know about you
6. Pass the award on to 10 others

Ten things that may be of interest that I probably have not mentioned before:

1. I'm more or less ambidextrous - although it's probably fairer to say I have no particularly dominant hand. I do prefer to do somethings left handed - e.g. write and some right handed - e.g. use a knife, or a mouse. I have no dominant eye either.
2. I haven't eaten meat since I was eighteen. And no, I don't miss bacon butties (sandwiches) - I do sometimes think of corned beef and HP sauce in a fresh roll longingly though.
3. I'm forty one, and for only seven years of that time (birth to 4 and for 3 years as a student) have I not had a pet. I've had goldfish, guppies, Syrian hamsters, a dog (English cocker spaniel), Russian hamsters, gerbils and guinea pigs. I can't imagine life without animals in it.
4. I currently work (mostly) for a circus theatre company and I can spin plates, juggle (badly), and walk the tight wire.
5. I don't have any phobias or irrational fears. And as far as I know, I'm not allergic to anything either - just as well, as MS is an auto immune disease, my system has enough to deal with!
6. Apart from jeans, I don't ever wear blue. Sometimes I will wear turquoise, but anything that's navy, royal blue, airforce, cobalt, baby blue or related - no, no way. For one thing, it really doesn't suit me, and for another, they are colours I associate with my mum and my gran. My gran rarely wore anything that wasn't either blue, rose, or plum.
7. Although I have the nickname "beebarf" and I stitch lots of bees and beehive projects, I don't actually like honey.
8. I don't have a particularly deep speaking voice, but I have to sing in the alto range. Not that I sing a lot - but I can sight read, and play a couple of instruments.
9. I worked for a kitchenware company for several years, and in the course of my work have met a number of famous chefs, including the Roux brothers, Michel Roux Jr., Gary Rhodes, Rick Stein, Ainsley Harriot, James Martin, Antony Worrall Thompson and Jamie Oliver. Some of whom I think are amazing, some of whom - well, not so. I will leave you to guess who did not impress me.
10. Back when I was young and foolish, I went to University to study Materials Science and Metallurgy. I dropped out after two years and am now doing a part time degree in English Literature and Creative Media.

I'm supposed to pass this onto another 10 bloggers, but I honestly, honestly can't just pick ten, especially as so many of the blogs I read have had this award before. So - if you haven't already been awarded this badge, and you read my blog, consider yourself nominated! *Do*  post about it, don't feel shy, don't hide your light under a bushel!

The final piece of good news I had was that I won a $10 gift certificate in Felicity's blogoversary giveaway. That was a lovely surprise, so imagine my delight when Felicity sent the voucher for $25 saying "$10 didn't seem worth it" - she's a very naughty girl, but I will have so much fun browsing the 123 Stitch site and deciding what to treat myself to ...

So, I'm a very lucky girl and very thankful to have such great stitching friends - you all really make life better with your comments, notes, gifts, inspiration ... Thank you everyone!

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Well done on your awards and wins. You deserve them. xx

Catherine said...

Congrats on your awards and win! What interesting things you shared about yourself!

Pookledo said...

well done on your wins :)

Karan said...

Congratulations on the wins & the award. Enjoy! :0)