Friday, March 19, 2010

Finish or Fling? - Sweet As Honey


My mum found this in one of her "rootles" - either at a car boot sale or in a charity shop. It's from a Jiffy kit and is stamped cross stitch, not counted. The first kit I ever tried was stamped cross stitch - I was six - and I think that became a UFO too. And my feelings for stamped work have not really altered much in the the intervening 35 years, despite a couple of other attempts...

Pros:
  • It's bees!
  • My mum gave it me

Cons:
  • It's stamped cross stitch, which I hate - I can never get it looking neat enough
  • It's almost a prayer, and I don't do that, even in jest - well, especially in jest, as it could be taken as disrespectful - although the idea behind the sentiment I quite like.

So - Finish or Fling?


Verdict - Fling. Again, it's up for adoption if anyone wants it! :o)

4 comments:

Carla said...

PLEASE tell me the magaznes to get the House Mouse designs I LOVE House Mouse!

Carla
cdevans11859@gmail.com

Paula C. said...

I would gladly adopt this embroidery project. Please let me know what you would like in return. My email address is: thecrossens "at" comcast.net Thank you =)

Unknown said...

Like Carla I love the House Mouse, grin, would love to be able to do all 4 of them, what would I do with them??? Not sure but they are adorable.
Glad Paula will adopt the embroidery project, I also hate stamped work, have never done it, but have seen so many pieces that it just doesn't turn out looking good BarbM

Shay said...

i would fling too..I have a few stamped cross stitch and I just cant do it...I dont know it just never looks right