Saturday, March 13, 2010

Work in Progress - My Needle and Floss Comfort Me


I'm definitely on my way to being a member of the Stitcherhood! I've finally decided on my colour choices for this well travelled pattern, and made a start on it this week. Because I find stitching in golds and rusts the most "comforting" that my lady had to be dressed in those shades, and I have searched my GAST stash (one of my favourite overdyes) for suitable colours.

I'm hoping that I will be able to finish it this weekend, as the lady is the most densely stitched part of the design and she is nearly done, as I've worked on her since this picture was taken.

I am sure most of you know about the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pattern but for those of you who don't this is her journey:

Harmien in the Netherlands (November 3, 2007)
She sent it to Lili in France (June 17, 2007)
Who sent it to Barbara in Malaysia (June 25, 2007)
Who sent it to Tessa in Australia (July 16, 2007)
Who sent it to Lizzy in the North Carolina, US (February 26, 2008)
Who sent it to Barbara in the Netherlands (March 11, 2008)
Who sent it to Sarah (no blog) in Ohio, US (April 11, 2008)
Who sent it to Anna in Pennsylvania, US (May 28, 2008)
Who sent it to Wendy in Ontario, Canada (July 4, 2008)
Who sent it to Sue in Michigan, US (August 2, 2008)
Who sent it to Jennifer in Pennsylvania, US (September 2, 2008)
Who sent it to CJ in Texas, US, (October 25, 2008)
Who sent it to Claire in Nova Scotia, Canada (January 20, 2009)
Who sent it to Kathy in Arizona, US (February 18, 2009)
Who sent it to Carol in Indiana, US (March 15, 2009)
Who sent it to Carolyn in California, US (May 20, 2009)
Who sent it to Sharon in Oklahoma, US (August 8, 2009)
Who sent it to Jill in Minnesota, US (August 19, 2009)
Who sent it to Sara in North Carolina, US (September, 2009)
Who sent it to CarolR  in Kent, United Kingdom (October 27, 2009)
Who sent it to Nic (me) in Yorkshire, United Kingdom (January 25, 2010)
Who sent it to ????

I'm going to need some stitching time, as this weekend is a busy one - I'm just checking in now before I dash off to assist in teaching a workshop about teaching workshops and of course tomorrow is Mother's Day here in the UK, so I will be entertaining my parents - and as I'm not going to be able to finish Ma's gift in time, I'm going to have to do a bit of quick shopping after the workshop! Fortunately, I'm working not to far from Meadowhell - aka Meadowhall, a very large shopping mall. I normally avoid it like the plague, but I'm prepared to brave it because it's for my mum! :o)

Hopefully I'm also going to have time to show some pictures of stitcher's finishes from my freebie charts ... thank you everyone for your kind comments about the latest design for St Patrick's Day. The March biscornu chart is ready for release too - I think you'll like it, I'm very pleased with it, it's very fresh and spring like!

6 comments:

riona said...

I love your thoughts about color selection ... I have found myself drawn to the same colorway lately ... must have to do with being in the Autumn of my life! But if I am lucky enough to ever enter the Sisterhood, I'd probably dress my stitcher in mossy greens and silvery sages.

Marci said...

what a cool idea - a traveling pattern. I can't say i'm familiar with the chart though. Guess I'd be stitching my girl in red if she came my way.

Kathy A. said...

Oh my Nic I did not realize you were in possession of the SISTER! Congratulations and welcome to the Sisterhood. Isn't it the neatest idea.

Lelia said...

great start! I look forward to your finish : )

Heather said...

I think the colour your chose for her dress is lovely. I look forward to seeing your finished verison.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Thought about the Sister Stitcher today and wondered how she is coming along. Beautifully!