Monday, March 08, 2010

Happy Dance! Country Cottage - Jolly Red

 
Design: Country Cottage
Designer: Jolly Red
Threads: Anchor as charted (mainly)
Fabric: 14 count aida, white

This was one of the "Finish or fling" projects from earler this year, and really stitched up in not very much time at all once I got going. The reason it had been abandoned was wha I thought were counting errors on my part, but having spent some cool, calm and collected time with it, I am declaring that it wasn't all my fault! The chart and stitched model differed quite a lot - one complete row missing on the cover photo, and there were some colour difference too. I hate that - I thought the whole point of model stitching was to catch flaws?

Apart from that little gripe, the kit was good quality - Anchor threads were included, and lots of them - probably enough to stitch the design again and the design itself is very cute. I will ask The Tot if she would like it for her bedroom, as the colours are similar to her new room decor!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet, congrats on finishing it!